Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My daily life




I love being a "stay at home" Grandma. I have two of my grandchildren all day, then sometimes my 3 others will spend time with us, as well. Sometimes I find it a struggle. I have a wonderful husband that wants to travel. A home to TRY to keep up. The kids, and a business starting to grow.


I love the art of crochet. I start out with a roll of pretty color and end with Something. Anything! But, I am still so amazed when someone wants to pay me for my work. I feel so validated! I am beginning to think of myself as an artist.

I've decided to join Weight Watchers. I am not that overweight, but I am 50 years old now. It is so much harder to keep those extra pounds off. Especially, with a three year old in the house. Sometimes it is so much easier to pop chicken nuggets and fries in the oven, than to fix something healthier. Plus, the hours of sitting with a crochet hook and a cup of coffee has helped to flab me out. My biggest issue will be time. I always feel guilty when I am away doing something just for me.

Since things have slowed down in the sales this week, I am working on building my inventory for the fall. I will get a few of last years best sellers made, then hopefully have time for a new design!

No comments:

Post a Comment